Thursday, February 3, 2011

Melt Off Belly Fat With These Simple Guidelines

Note: Our new 6 am North Vancouver Boot Camp class is starting Monday February 7 at 2104 Front Street in North Vancouver. Classes will now be running every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:00 am, 11:45 am and 7:15 pm. If you are currently not already a regular member and want to join us, please call us at 604.626.2342 or email us at MakersBody@gmail.com to let us know you would like to come.

This Is What I Eat Every Day

I thought I'd share with you what I eat during the day as a colleague of mine at Prograde Nutrition just did this and I thought you'd like to know what goes in my mouth. It's far from perfect (as you'll see at the bottom of my list), I like to indulge just as much as you ;) Gotta live a little eh.

Here's what I've been eating lately. 

Breakfast:
  
Omega-3 Whole Eggs:  2
Egg Whites: 4
1/4 of an avocado

2-3 oz of chedder cheese
half a sweet or white potato
dash of sea salt
2 cups of mixed steamed veggies
Supplements: 5 grams of Fish Oil, 3 VGF 25+ for Men Multivitamin capsules, 2 Vitamin D capsules

Or if short on time in the morning.
200 grams of Liberte 0% fat yogurt
2-3 of each: walnuts, almonds, pecans and hazelnuts
lots of cinnamon  (good for fat loss)
Supplements: 5 grams of Fish Oil, 3 VGF 25+ for Men Multivitamin capsules, 2 Vitamin D capsules 

Teach boot camp at 11:45 am to 12:30 pm

Lunch:

2 scoops Isagenix Vanilla IsaLean Shake
1 scoop Isagenix Greens
1 scoop Isagenix Ionix Supreme

1 scoop Isagenix Cleanse for Life
1/8 cup Psyllium powder (for more fibre :)

Or 

1 scoop Prograde Protein
1 scoop Isagenix Greens
1 scoop Isagenix Ionix Supreme

1 scoop Isagenix Cleanse for Life
1/8 cup Psyllium powder (for more fibre :)
 a dash of each: cinnamon, powdered cloves, nutmeg, allspice 

Post Workout Nutrition (after a workout):
1 scoop Prograde Protein
1 cup of blueberries
1 scoop of creatine

Or


2 scoops Prograde Workout 
1 scoop of creatine

Afternoon Snack: 


200 grams of Liberte 0% fat greek yogurt
2-3 of each: walnuts, almonds, pecans and hazelnuts
lots of cinnamon

Teach boot camp at 7:15 pm to 8:00 pm 

Dinner:

6-7 oz of some type of chicken or beef.
half a sweet or white potato

2 cups of mixed steamed veggies
olive oil drizzled over it
dash of sea salt 

Supplements: 5 grams of Fish Oil, 1 Vitamin D capsule

There you go!  These are some of the foods that I would typically eat in a day.  Of course this isn't the same every day, but I hope you get an idea of what my typical food day looks like.

I'm going to really own up to something here and let you know how real I am and that I'm not Mr. perfect when it comes to eating. I do cheat once a week or once every 2 weeks. For those who have learned my nutrition system you know how important eating a cheat meal is not only psychologically but also physiologically to give your fat burning hormones a boost when you are dieting as they down regulate when you are at a calorie deficit. So here we go.

Cheat Meals (as of late):
Monty Mushroom burger with fries at White Spot 

Or 

A Papa or Teen burger from A&W

The cat is out of the bag! ;)

And now for what Cassandra eats...

What a Busy Mom and Registered Dietitian Eats Everyday

By Cassandra Forsythe-Pribanic, PhD, RD

With an energetic 10 month-old crawling around my house, getting into everything imaginable and wanting lots of attention, it’s hard enough to find time to shower, let alone eat well some days. I also run my own bootcamp business and work as an independent contractor for 4 different companies. So, “busy” is not an unheard word in my vocabulary.

However, I do make an effort to eat very well 90% of the time – and, it’s really hard not to eat well when I’ve studied and researched nutrition for more than 12 years . Currently I’m still nursing my daughter full-time (she does eat solid foods, but still has quite a bit of breast milk) and exercise intensely at least once per day, so my intake may be higher than a woman not nursing or working out as hard.

Here’s what a typical day looks like for me on a very busy day. On less active day,  my food intake is lower:

Get up at 4am to teach bootcamp classes at 5:15 to 7:15am

Pre-workout/teaching at 4:45am:

1 scoop Prograde Protein with 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed and Water

Post-workout at 7:30am:

1 scoop Prograde Workout

Breakfast at 8:30:

Two Omega-3 Eggs with 1 Cup Egg Whites and Spinach
1 Whole Grapefruit
Supplements: VGF25+ for Women, EFA Icon (fish oil), Longevity (anti-aging)

Morning Snack at 10:30am:

Handful of Nuts
Sliced Cucumbers

Lunch at 12pm:

Big Salad made with Baby Spinach, Olives, Beets, Shredded Carrots, Cucumbers, Tomatoes (in the summer), and 1 can Mussels and 1 can Sardines (packed in water). Topped with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.

Mid-day Snack at 2pm:

Smoothie made with Prograde Protein, Berries, Spinach, Flax Oil and Cashews
Or
Prograde Lean in water

Second Mid-day Snack at 430pm:

Ground Turkey (cooked) with Salsa
Green beans

Teach bootcamp class 5:30 to 6:30pm

Dinner at 8pm:

A large helping of some type of turkey, pork or fish
Large serving of Green Beans or Asparagus
Salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Dressing


Bed at 9:30-10pm 

As you can see I live a pretty active life and am always on the go so I have to make sure I properly nourish my body with the correct quality nutrients so I can get up the next day and do it all over again. 

Tweet This

No comments: